Saturday, April 5, 2014

Shakti Mill Agony | a poem


. . . I declare my agony against the section 376E of the Indian Penal Code 

The code stipulates death sentence , I like it ,
For the repeat case convicts , is what I hate it for ,
Is this the code of conduct , I question ?
Really , does "REPEAT" make any sense , you fool ?

I burst out loud from within ,
I find no courage to read it up to the brim ,
I sink in the ocean of disgrace ,
I keep thinking is my mother and women around that very safe .

I feel guilty for their shame , I feel villain for not doing anything for the same ,
I feel to stuck 'em high on the nail , I wish to put 'em to death on the very first day ,
Offence is being worshiped , chances of improvement for a stone , makes no sense .

The new rape cult has formed , people down with no etiquette ,
Which fishy womb they born in ?
What did they plead to the Lord before they had such sins ?
What sin they do , before they headed for this sin ?

I don't the find the Lord at fault , he just sent 'em down ,
I find fault in them , who came to come even more down ,
They still find it pleasant , for not being sent back next to heaven ,
Down into hell , to boil in the dirtiest blood ,
To burn on the ugliest pyre .

I feel , pity for the Journalist , who went through this ,
I feel more connected for she was a photo journalist ,
I have immense respect for you , you won at least ,
They are being put to death , when you are alive ,
Else country like India witnesses no quick decisions ,
Wont see it even in time to come ahead or soon .

You have had a boon , you made it soon ,
I bow with due respect , I support you in the Shakti Mill Case .

- Bharath R Rao , with eyebrows raised

No comments:

Post a Comment