Wednesday, May 28, 2014

When my grandfathers left

. . remembering my late grandfathers , all of a sudden ,
I have a thought , I have a burden .
The roots date back to an year , when I had two pieces of news ,
A week after the other , I lost my grandfather duos .
It was shocking , heart breaking , and sorrow for ofcourse ,
Many felt the same , a few held it for long , while a few for those hours .
It was difficult to make out , whether we are at a funeral ,
Or was it just any ceremony , people making day outs .
They were singing sorrows though , they were right the next moment ,
They did talk of worthless , than about the greatest dent .
I wonder , where at that moment I was , 
I wondered , are these the right people I am with ?
For the same , I have a thought of my own ,
I have a thought for my grave and funeral .

O ! People , some selfish , some real ,
Do come to my funeral with happy faces , be jovial .
Pretend not , have no formalities as well ,
Do come , the way you want , show not false feelings .
Cry for me , if the tears are holy , make not any foul of them ,
Take out a ‘lil time for me , but not the un-wanting blame .
I need not flowers , ceremonies , but for formalities ,
I need my loved ones and only that care , around the gone me .
Send me with peace , hold down those faces ,
Raise them the very next day , with pride and respect .
But , give that day for me , do not as you did ,
On the day , my grandfather went .

- Bharath R Rao

No comments:

Post a Comment